Being a Reflective Practitioner....

Yesterday was our final day of the first week of "science camp" and one of the most productive! We were able to look back at our lessons as a team and figure out where we needed to improve and we were given time in class to make those corrections. If only we could have experts in the field with us teachers all the time!!

The most exciting part of the day was doing a run-through of camp. It was awesome to see a plan come together. Each group has done a great job integrating the scenario-- our secret environmental agents have a very important job to do! The sustainability future of Mason is resting in their hands!

As for me, I will spend my weekend celebrating the 4th of course, but also addressing the nature of science in our lesson plan. Where can I point it out in the lesson? How can I make it come alive for our campers? How can I facilitate students asking and exploring their own questions?

This institute is challenging me to think deeply about what's behind the material I teach. I'm learning more about science now than I ever did in school and I'm gaining a great appreciation for the field!

On tap for next week- out on the boat to explore the Occoquan watershed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment